Thursday, February 07, 2008

Scott and two of his friends Ethan and Jonothan, just joined the Malibu Rugby team.  Their first game was this past weekend.  Avery, Annie(Ethan's fiance) and I had a blast watching them play.  For some reason I could not stop laughing when Scott got the ball.  I am not sure if it was because he was tackling guys 3 times his size (which looked hilarious) or a nervous laugh since I was afraid he might get hurt (he has never played rugby before). Here is Ethan explaining the rules before the game started...... 
The guys all ended up playing great, their team won, Scott didn't get a black eye and he even made 3 goals.  His poor friend Ethan busted his lip open and had to get stitches :(  
I think the real reason Scott decided to play rugby wasn't to tackle guys and get his energy out but to wear this awesome uniform.........

11 comments:

julie said...

Those are some pretty tough shorts, I must say. Russell wanted to play on a soccer team up here last year. I was against it because he only has insurance coverage for volleyball & if he gets hurt playing another sport he will loose his scholarship. Well, at the first game he gets head butted in the nose & comes over to me with a dripping nose... I was not happy about that. Needless to say, that was the last soccer game of the year!

bonny with a Y said...

ok - we were actually a part of this event. we were in the waiting room at urgent care (x-raying ella's arm) when ethan and annie came bursting in with blood everywhere.

and i was so impressed that with all the blood and drama ethan says to us, hey, aren't you in the PP ward? and starts chatting with us.

so glad he didn't lose a tooth.

Katie said...

Okay so im totally jealous of the GREEN grass, blue skies, and the fact that you can ACTUALLY be outside having a good time in February! I miss California!!!!! Scott looks like such the proud papa!

RachelAA said...

Every man's dream that uniform!!! And I so miss the beauty of Malibu. Shellie you look adorable! Glad to see you guys out and about and enjoying life... it's always too bad when new parents hibernate!

Dunbars said...

That is so cute! Love the shorts...You need to call me so we can catch up!

Jolene said...

So this is the real story about how Ethan got a fat lip.

{B}dreamy said...

I love, love, LOVE the shorts Scott. So hot. But I love that little Avery more! *B

Heather Lee said...

I am so glad that I stumbled across this gem! I had only seen one measly (but precious) photo of your cute little plum. She is a doll and SO big now! I can't wait to meet her. How's everything going?

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

it was so fun to see you on friday, but of course avery wasn't there...one of these days we will see that cute girl in person! and i just have to say, we love scott's shorts in the picture! i don't blame him for wanting to play rugby :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

Are those Avery's shorts? Nice :) She is getting so big I cannot believe it!!

Aubrey Messick said...

My eyes! My eyes! Haha. Your family is adorable. I just love you guys!