Tuesday, October 21, 2008


The Central Coast
Missing the beach like we are we decided to drive to the central coast for the weekend.  Neither of us had been so it was a fun adventure.  We first went to Cayucus which is an adorable little town with tons of these cute little statue people...
Avery wasn't quite sure of them at first, she would grip tight to Scott when we got close to them but she warmed up after a while.
Next we went to Morro Bay and were pleasantly surprised to run into our friend Conrad who was there for a competition. We made it just in time to watch him win first place in the finals! 
Conrad talked Scott into climbing the big rock.  If you have been there you know how huge this rock is.  In sandals they obviously didn't quite make it to the top.
After Morro Bay we went up to Cambria and then Hurst Castle which we only saw from the bottom of the hill but it was gorgeous.  It was a great little trip and I highly recommend it.  Don't forget to stop by and visit us on your way there:)

9 comments:

Sara Parr said...

Isn't it a neat area?! Jeff and I went to school at Cal Poly and loved it. Did you see the elephant seals near Hearst Castle? They are my fave :)

ryan and becca said...

I've been wanting to go there forever. Well, for a few years anyway. A girl I used to work with told me that Cambria is the awesomest little town. Glad you're adventuring. See you soooon...

Rachel Gillie said...

I can't believe you took the trip without telling me. I have the perfect place to stay in Cambria. I am glad that you guys got out to the beach!!

bonny with a Y said...

i love the central coast - and bruce went to school in san luis obispo.

how awesome to run into conrad.

hope you are liking bakersfield - we miss you guys.

J. T. said...

Sounds like super fun! Good to see what you guys are up to finally ;) haha, we'll have to come visit sometime and have you guys show us around.

Emily said...

OH, we miss y'all! We LOVE that area of Morro Bay and Cambria- it's SOO beautiful. You HAVE to see the elephant seals this winter right there where you were at the bottom of the hill by Hurst Castle. They're hilarious. Keep putting up pictures of your beautiful family and sweet Avery!

Klepinger said...

I was trying to find Diana Brown's blog....and I just have to say hi! What a fun little trip!! You are a gorgeous little family!! Tell your Mom hi for me. Leann

ashley said...

what a fun place! so how far is bakersfield from redlands? hmm, we might just have to meet up and have play dates!

Ryan said...

The Homeland!!! (aka Eden) I sure do miss it there but sounds like you guys saw all the cool stuff. And holy cow Avery looks so much older! Amazing how much they can change in just a year.
Hope you guys are doing well. I know it is death waiting that long for bar results.